[Qgis-user] Labeling: Allow HTML Formatting, text-size and map units

Thomas Schüttenberg thomas at qgis.de
Wed May 15 00:13:45 PDT 2024

Hi there!

I am just playing arund with html enhanced labeling, using the option "Allow HTML Formatting" on the text tab (https://docs.qgis.org/3.34/en/docs/user_manual/style_library/label_settings.html#text-tab).

Now I wonder how/if it is possible to override the text-size in such a manner, that my label as a whole is still scale dependend and is respecting the given map units including the minimum and maximum scale (https://docs.qgis.org/3.34/en/docs/user_manual/introduction/general_tools.html#unit-selector)?

Imagine you have a multi line label with the text size set to 2 meters map units and a maximum scale at 1:5000.
Now the first line should be double in text size and therefore I use something like style="font-size:20pt" (see example in manual above).

But only pt (points) seams to work as the unit in this place, which gives a fixed size throughout all scales and does not respect the behavior of the map units with maximum scale setting.

Does anyone know a trick to achieve this anyhow?

All the Best!
Thomas