[Qgis-user] Recovering corrupted qgz and qgs file

Andrea Giudiceandrea andreaerdna at libero.it
Sat Sep 26 09:57:28 PDT 2026


Hi Eric,
first of all I would suggest you to try if the issue occurs also using a 
new QGIS user profile without any external third-party plugin installed.

If it still occurs, you could check if the issue actually doesn't occur 
running QGIS 3.44.13 just downloading its installer from 
https://qgis.org/downloads-list/#macos/ltr as already suggested by Nigel 
Berjak in a previous message.

Does the issue occurs opening any QGIS project or only that one QGIS 
project?
Have you also tried to create and save a new QGIS project from scratch? 
What happens opening such project?

If nothing works, I would suggest you to report the issue at 
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues provided all the requested info and 
all the needed file (QGIS project and layers) in order to reproduce the 
issue.

Best regards.

Andrea

> Fielding, Eric J (US 321G) eric.j.fielding at jpl.nasa.gov
> Fri Sep 25 10:18:32 PDT 2026

> I tried to open the project file and the app immediately crashes.


More information about the QGIS-User mailing list