[QGIS-ZA-user] Notes from recent meetings

Gavin Taylor gavin.taylor.gis at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 01:01:40 PDT 2017

Hi All

My name is Gavin Taylor, I am currently working for Illovo Sugar at their
Mozambique estate.

The recent activity has sparked my interest to get more involved with the
QGIS community.

Currently I am using QGIS for the maintenance and analysis of all our
spatial data. Due to the restrictive nature of corporate networks, one of
the major challenges I have is to get the spatial information available to
users away from their offices  ( specifically on their phones and tablets).
A neat solution I have been using is the Qgis2Web plugin which outputs a
webmap which I move to publicly accessible server.

In the past I have worked on a few projects where I have used python
scripts to automate imagery analysis, aggregating values within field
boundaries etc. LIDAR analysis for drainage networks and recommendations on
improvements.

I am slowly converting all the GIS users to QGIS who, after adjusting,
enjoy the program.

I am interested to find out if there are any active members or users in
Durban or Pietermaritzburg.

Have a great Easter weekend.

Regards

Gavin Taylor
+27 72 760 1767
+258 84 692 7098

On 12 Apr 2017 21:17, "Paul Young via qgis-za-user" <