[QGIS-ZA-user] ENV for powershell instead of osgeo4w shell

Gerhard Brits BritsJG at eskom.co.za
Sun Feb 4 22:49:53 PST 2018

Hi

So if you want to use GDAL via powershell or cmd you need have three environmental variables set.

GDAL_DATA = set to the gdal-data folder of your gdal install. In my cases "C:\Program Files\GDAL\gdal-data"
GDAL_DRIVER_PATH =  set to the gdalplugins folder of your gdal install. In my case "C:\Program Files\GDAL\gdalplugins"
You need to add gdal to the GDAL path variable. Add it to the end of the list by adding a ; . My path is "C:\Program Files\GDAL"

I hope the above helps.

Regards