[QGIS-ZA-user] Curved Road Labeling Issue

Gavin Fleming gavin at kartoza.com
Mon Apr 15 23:56:06 PDT 2019

Catherine sent me some sample data and this was my response to her - it was just a matter of working in a projected CRS (as one should always do for cartography)

’it just works’

QGIS 3.6

all I did was to select ‘curved’

note when you make maps you must use a projected CRS - in this case LO31 (‘HBKNO31’ in QGIS). Just maybe you were in 4326 and using units that don’t make sense with unprojected geometry?