[QGIS-ZA-user] Our 6th QGIS User Group Meeting - 2nd and final announcement

Immo Blecher immob19 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 04:35:01 PDT 2019

Dear QGIS User Group Member,

This is the 2nd and final announcement for our User Group meeting on 2
May 2019. I can promise you that there are a couple of exciting talks
lined up at both the Gauteng and Mowbray venues. And we are trying to
register both meetings for CPD points, so it will be worth joining us!

Register for the meeting here: https://forms.gle/CckWasvEjd7qFvU28

The venues and programmes so far are:

*Gauteng Meeting (2 May 2019):*

Venue: Eskom Academy of Learning, Dale Rd, Komati House Building,
Midrand (please report to security, have positive identification and get
directions)

Programme:

9:00 - 9:30 Registration and informal talk with coffee/tea

9:30 - 10:00 General UG issues and progress with CPD registrations

10:00 - 11:00 Technical talk by Kathleen Godfrey - Livelihoods hotspots
mapping in the Okavango and Zambezi river basins using QGIS

11:00 - 12:00 Technical Talk by Gerhard Brits - Creating an Open Source
Web Mapping Application - QGIS Styling and Labelling

12:00 - 13:00 Light Lunch (please bring donations for the cup at
registration desk)

13:00 - 14:00 Technical Talk 3 - Waiting for confirmation

14:00 - 15:00 (open-end) Discussions and Demonstrations around QGIS
bugs, questions, fixes, work-arounds etc.

15:00 Closing remarks

*Cape Town/Mowbray (2 May 2019):*

Venue: C-Block conference room, DRDLR Chief Directorate: National
Geo-spatial Information

Programme:

9:00 - 9:30 Registration and informal talk with coffee/tea

9:30 - 10:00 General UG issues and progress with CPD registrations

10:00 - 11:00 Technical Talk by Frank Sokolic - Advanced Labelling
Techniques in QGIS: Rule-based labelling and data-driven labelling

11:00 - 12:00 Technical Talk by Muhammed (Shaakir) Deal - Using the
Atlas Tool to display point feature attribute information over multiple
regions of interest

12:00 - 13:00 Light Lunch (please bring donations for the cup at
registration desk)

13:00 - 14:00 Technical Talk by Immo Blecher - Using QGIS to produce
web-based OpenLayers/Leaflet maps - Tools and limitations

14:00 - 15:00 (open-end) Discussions and Demonstrations around QGIS
bugs, questions, fixes, work-arounds etc. (e.g. scaling issues with  XYZ
tiled maps)

15:00 Closing remarks

*So please register...it is not too late.* The link to the Google
registration form is:

https://forms.gle/CckWasvEjd7qFvU28
**

See you all there!!

--

*Immo F. Blecher**
Street: */36 Saffraan Ave., Die Boord, Stellenbosch, 7613, South Africa
_immob19 at gmail.com_ <mailto:immob19 at gmail.com>| _immob at mymtnmail.co.za
<mailto:immob at mymtnmail.co.za>
_*Internet:*_http://www.blecher.co.za/_

Contact me: immob19 at gmail.com immoblecher

<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/immo-blecher/30/414/b8>

Please consider your environmental responsibility. Before printing this
e-mail message, ask yourself whether you really need a hard copy.

IMPORTANT: The contents of this email and any attachments are
confidential. They are intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you
have received this email by mistake, please notify the sender
immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies
thereof.