[QGIS-ZA-user] How to export MTEXT when exporting to DXF in QGIS

Mike Caister Mike.Caister at drdlr.gov.za
Fri Dec 18 04:18:33 PST 2020

Good day,

I am attempting the export DXF files from polygon shapefiles, using QGIS, but with the label for each exported polygon included in the DXF as MTEXT, and located inside its respective polygon.

In a previous version of QGIS (2.14), the operation was successful, using the Project, DXF export . . . function. Both geometry and MTEXT were exported satisfactorily.

I am attempting do the same operation in QGIS version 3.10, using the Project, Import/Export, Export project to DXF function. The “Export labels as MTEXT elements” has been selected. The geometry has exported successfully, but the MTEXT component export is not satisfactory. Only a few texts are exported (4 out of 23 entities), the texts are much too large, and their latch points are not located inside the polyline they are associated with. The test size appears to not be editable in the CAD software, and even if it was, it would be confusing, because its latch point is outside its polygon.

The layer menu function of Export, Save selected features as. . ., AutoCAD DXF in QGIS version 3.10 also appears to not export the MTEXT.

Are there any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong, or suggestions of some other way the desired results may be achieved?

Regards,
Mike Caister
Mike.Caister at drdlr.gov.za<mailto:Mike.Caister at drdlr.gov.za>