[QGIS-ZA-user] Coordinate conversion from Cape Datum Lo27? to EGS 84

Gavin Fleming gavinjfleming at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 00:50:46 PDT 2024

Hi Jordan and thanks FC

I’m not sure how FC did the projection / transformation but you can use QGIS, proj or a number of other tools.

An issue to be aware of is that no GIS will do an accurate datum transformation from Cape to WGS84/Hartebeeshoek94 since there are different errors all over the country, as much as 300m. If you need accuracy, rather speak to a land surveyor, who can do a local transformation taking into account the known errors.

Gavin