[Ráfaga]Nº987: pompeii, orientation, cities, food

Jorge Sanz jsanz at carto.com
Mon Nov 19 04:50:31 PST 2018

Nº987: pompeii, orientation, cities, food

Mon, 19 Nov 2018 by Raf

   - A Swedish project to study Pompeii using advanced digital archaeology
   techniques to produce a 3D reconstruction of the city
   http://www.pompejiprojektet.se/index.php#
   - Recent studies reveal that GPS navigation is removing our orientation
   sense, affecting our cognitive capabilities and producing long-term brain
   changes
   https://www.gislounge.com/gps-technology-affect-understanding-place/
   - The different ways to create cities cartographic representations have
   strongly influenced over time on territory planning
   http://variances.eu/?p=3581
   - The number of fast food shops near NYC public schools and the
   necessity to fight against childhood obesity with healthy nutrition
   https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/walk-fast-food-alihan-polat/?published=t

Raf (13)