[RouterGeocoder] building different layer for routing.

Ashraf Hossain ashraf10bd at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 14:21:20 EDT 2009

Hi Steve,

Can you tell us a little more about your current efforts?
Do you have code already?
-->Before joining graduate school I worked more than 3 years for a GIS
software development organization.
I completed a mapserver with special customized requirements with
routing support.
So the code is not available to me though I have successfully
completed this and this is being used professionally in South Africa.
If you have interest you can check this(this is a Java script not done
by me.. I done the server part.)
http://maps.afrigis.co.za/

What language is it in?
Does it have dependencies on other libraries? Which?
-->It is in C++. No its not dependent on any library.
It is an completely independent project from any open source or any
professional library.

Can it be downloaded? Where?
--> No this library is not open.

What features does it have? Are there any docs or notes?
-> It has routing, routing with POI(point of interest) notified
driving direction,online navigation client support(for their own
mobile client),

Do you have a plan for what you want to do next?
--> I have plan to work almost similar work for OSGeo with some
extended features like restriction. Dynamic edge weight changing
option ,Distributed graph and shortest path generation on them(long
term) and at last hybrid routing like google does in transit. Beside
this the all kind of shortest path generation algorithm
implementation(TSP,A* search,Chienese postman.).

I already done some experiment and research I think I can contribute.
If you like me to apply for Google Summer of Code I will apply along
one of my ex-colleague(research partner) and friend  but in three
months we both work on 2 different parts so that it can be very usable
to the opensource community.

Regards
Roni