[RouterGeocoder] Poly line features

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sun Feb 1 14:07:01 EST 2009

Ashraf Hossain wrote:
> How many polyline features are in whole north america?
> Can anyone send me a approximate value??
> Before planning the router and navigation engine I need to know this.

For the US and Canada there are in the ball park of 25-30 million
segments based on Navteq data. There are a similar number of segments in
Tiger althought Tiger does not have all the attributs needed to use it
for routing. Western Europe as a similar, slightly higher number of
segments in the 30-35 million range. If you plan around these numbers
you should be good.

-Steve W