ldap.telascience.org server issues

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Aug 29 11:23:09 EDT 2006

Folks / John,

Today our LDAP access went down because 198.202.74.220's root disk filled.
The .220 machine is our LDAP server, however, it appears it is also serving
many many other functions for a variety of folks, not just OSGeo.

Howard deleted a few source .tgz files in /usr/local/src and restarted
the directory server (command at following url), so things should be working
again for a bit.

  http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/SAC:Admin_and_Troubleshooting

Howard and I looked around, and couldn't find much space obviously taken
for OSGeo activities, so we hesitated to do anything else.

John, could you identify some more space that could be recoveed to keep
this server operational?

Longer term it seems clear we need to migrate the LDAP server to another
system reserved for a limited number of functions.  However, Howard leaves
this morning for a roughly 3 week European honeymoon and won't be back till
after FOSS4G.  So I suspect we aren't going to do anything dramatic with the
LDAP server in the meantime, unless someone is up to taking on LDAP server
responsibility.