[SAC] migrating geodata committee site, lists

shawn barnes sbarnes at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Dec 13 14:44:07 EST 2006

Jo,

I just recieved a test dump of a mailing list from cn this morning and
am working on what has to be done to
convert ezmlm to mailman.  The dump is an tar gzip file of the ezmlm
directory associated with a specific mailing list.  Thankfully ezmlm
uses mbox (only needs a little massaging to get into proper mbox format)
to create mailman archives.   the subscribers now, that is a different
story but, i think i'm pretty close to having the subscriber list
figured out....only real issue is i don't think i'll be able to migrate
info such as passwords or differentiating a user who was  getting daily
digests.

And i definitly have a preferance in not setting up virtual domains with
mailman.

The DNS migration is being looked at right now.