DNS domain for telascience servers

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Jul 21 09:51:54 EDT 2006

I see that our machines at telascience are given names directly under
the root of the telascience.org domain, without any distinction from any
other telascience servers.

To keep things organized and keep our stuff distinct from other
telascience servers, should we use a separate domain (e.g. osgeo.net
which is currently unused AFAIK) or at least a subdomain of
telascience.org (e.g. osgeo.telascience.org) for all those machines?

I apologize if this has been discussed before I joined the group.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/