[SAC] Wiki formatting lost?

Benjamin Thelen bt at ccgis.de
Tue Jul 25 07:58:02 EDT 2006

Daniel Morissette schrieb:
> Benjamin Thelen wrote:
>>
>> I skimmed through the mediawik HISTORY and mediawiki.org itself, but
>> could not find any hint regarding the use of older browsers.
>>
>> But on the other hand, isn't it highly advisable not to use outdated
>> browsers in terms of security issues? Thus I wouldn't really focus on
>> being compatible with older browsers.
>>

>> mediawiki on wiki.osgeo.org needs updating - it's an 1.6.3. We will
>> update it to 1.7.1 (or higher if available) as soon as possible. Maybe
>> that increases compatibilty - but I'm not really optimistic.
>>
>> Couldn't it be a different browser setting somewhere in your mozilla?
>>

> It could be lots of things, I was mostly hoping that this would be a
> known issue that was easy to fix, but apparently it's not. Note that if
> I visit the main mediawiki.org site then it is displayed properly. The
> only wiki that does that to me is the OSGeo wiki. Even the mapbender.org
> site which also uses mediawiki works fine for me.

Daniel,

That really is a strange matter. mapbender.org and wiki.osgeo.org are
the same mediawiki versions. But different settings are surely used -
I'm going to compare both LocalSettings.php with each other as soon as
possible.

mediawiki.org itself even uses 1.8alpha!

mapbender.org and wiki.osgeo.org are on quite different machines. First
is a debian sarge with php4.3 in a XEN environment and the second is a
Ubuntu using php5.0.

Indeed, it could be lots of things ;-). To bad. I'm checking the
LocalSettings.php first.

> However you're probably right that we should not waste energies to
> support a 2 years old browser version and that I should consider
> upgrading. Please let me know when the wiki has been upgraded and I'll
> test and let you know if that changed anything.

I'll let you know.

Best,
Ben