[SAC] Wiki formatting lost?

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Jul 25 07:36:48 EDT 2006

Benjamin Thelen wrote:

> I skimmed through the mediawik HISTORY and mediawiki.org itself, but
> could not find any hint regarding the use of older browsers.
>
> But on the other hand, isn't it highly advisable not to use outdated
> browsers in terms of security issues? Thus I wouldn't really focus on
> being compatible with older browsers.
>

> mediawiki on wiki.osgeo.org needs updating - it's an 1.6.3. We will
> update it to 1.7.1 (or higher if available) as soon as possible. Maybe
> that increases compatibilty - but I'm not really optimistic.
>
> Couldn't it be a different browser setting somewhere in your mozilla?

It could be lots of things, I was mostly hoping that this would be a
known issue that was easy to fix, but apparently it's not. Note that if
I visit the main mediawiki.org site then it is displayed properly. The
only wiki that does that to me is the OSGeo wiki. Even the mapbender.org
site which also uses mediawiki works fine for me.

However you're probably right that we should not waste energies to
support a 2 years old browser version and that I should consider
upgrading. Please let me know when the wiki has been upgraded and I'll
test and let you know if that changed anything.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/