SAC Status

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Jun 22 15:37:49 EDT 2006

Norman,

Have you had a chance to chat with John and Howard on the current status
of the telascience systems?  There is a board meeting tomorrow, and one
of the issues will undoubtedly be whether SAC is functioning effectively
and what can be done to support SAC.

Things I would really like to see us move ahead with include:
  o Developing some sort of policy about who we give administrative
    access to, which machines need to be "very secure" (ie. LDAP master)
    vs. "less secure" (ie. build tests accessable to some project
    developers).

  o Working out how we back things up.

  o Working out a rough priority list for services to roll out.

  o Putting out a call for volunteers for SAC, which implies having
    a sense of what skills we need, and how we would manage a influx
    of several volunteers.

  o Setting up wiki pages explaining how the SAC administered systems
    are setup and a roadmap for what services go on what systems.

I believe both Arnulf and I are keen to assist on technical and
adminstrative issues.  We have also had offers of technical help from
others such as Josh Livni, and Daniel Morissette.