[SAC] Visual Studio

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed May 10 14:39:08 EDT 2006

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Dave Patton has an extra shrink wrapped copy of Visual Studio Standard
> which he has received and is prepared to gift to OSGeo.  Would you mind
> "putting it on a shelf" till we need it somewhere in your office?  If
> that's
> ok, could you provide Dave with a shipping address he can send it to?

Frank,

Have you considered using the free Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition? Has
anyone used it yet?

I have been unsuccesful compiling GDAL with it so far because it seems
to be more picky than previous versions about some types of errors, but
it may provide all that you need to build and debug win32 console apps
without having to purchase a license.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette