[SAC] Server host quotes

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Wed Nov 8 14:15:33 EST 2006

I've just had a follow-up call from PEER1 and they are willing to waive
the setup fees.

You have the contact info for the PEER1 sales rep in the quote; should I
let him know that Tyler will be following up?

If we are worried about ongoing costs, we could save some recurring fees
by going to a lower hardware level.  I like the idea of a firewall, but
only because I'm Linux-impaired.  I would think that we might also want
a VPN connection between that server and Telascience so that our LDAP
queries are encrypted point-to-point, but it would also be possible just
to set up a firewall rule to only allow queries to/from those hosts.

Do we really want to commit to three years?  I hate doing that with my
cellphone...

Jason