[SAC] Who wants BuildBot?

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Mon Oct 2 03:07:00 EDT 2006

dear Mateusz,
On Sun, Oct 01, 2006 at 08:59:14PM +0200, Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/BuildBot_Configuration
> I'm looking forward your comments or questions.

This looks good to me, the docs are comprehensive and clear. Your and
Howard's work on common build and test would be a good driver towards
synchronising releases, producing images etc...

I would say definitely go ahead and canvass interest on the incubator
list. Recall that a/ the java people like to do everything in their
own, warped, similar yet different manner, and they have something
called 'cruise control' also 'continuum' which work with something
svn-like called 'maven'.

"Let them sit in their java hole" you may be tempted to think, but it
would be good in the future to accomodate this. Also b/ the web
mapping clients and any other UI clients are harder to automatedly
test, I wonder if we can provide extra/common UI test automation.

Moon on a stick, eh?

cheers,

jo