Indictrans Team

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Oct 27 10:29:36 EDT 2006

Swapnil Hajare wrote:
> Hello all,
>   I am Swapnil Hajare  from Indictrans (www.indictrans.in
> <http://www.indictrans.in>). I, along with 2 more fellows from
> Indictrans (Kanhaiya and Gupteshwar), will be working on various
> activities of OSGeo with help of you all. This will include website
> development, maintenance, helping sysadmins as well as some other
> general Opensource GIS tasks such as maintenance of GDAL/OGR and similar
> tools. Frank Warmerdam had written a mail to the list about this few
> days ago. We could not start working immedietly because of long Diwali
> vacation here. Now we are back and ready to work.
>   As a satrting point, me and others have subscribed to community portal
> of OSeo and sac, webcommitee MLs. Our skillset include php, drupal, use
> of free/opensource   tools such as UMN mapserver, postgis, GRASS,
> chameleon, kamap etc.
>   We hope to contribute well and in the process also learn lot of new
> things from you all in future.

Swapnil,

I've taken the liberty of adding a more meaningful subject line.

Over the last week we have had some refinement of the transition plans.
Autodesk is looking to contract a system administrator for 3 months to do the
bulk of the transition work, and Bob Bray at Autodesk has agreed to act as
project lead on the transition.

The contract sys admin will likely be taking care of the OpenLDAP setup
rather than Howard having to do it.  So we will need to consult actively with
Bob and the system administrator before we can deploy the Membership
Application and other permissions management stuff I spoke about earlier.

I do think it still makes a lot of sense to go ahead with a preliminary
design.  We are still planning to use Drupal for the portal, and I assume
it will be an evolved form of the current instance.  So arranging access to
that with Tyler would still be good.

Bob - please consider the Indictrans team a resource, especially for technical
Drupal work.  On the conference call there was also some discussion of having
the contract system administrator spend some time educating us on how the
new system works.  I hope this will include the Indictrans team who I hope
will be an ongoing resource for administering OSGeo infrastructure.