[SAC] RE: [Web Comm] Re: [SAC] RE: [Web Comm] Re: Migration planning meeting

Allan Doyle adoyle at eogeo.org
Fri Oct 27 13:29:11 EDT 2006

For any dedicated hosting setup, it's key to find out (if possible)
in advance what the IP address will be so it can be checked in the
various black hole lists. Some of these hosting providers have entire
netblocks blacklisted. It becomes very hard to get email from a host
in the netblock to go to places that are aggressively anti-spam.

I have a dedicated host at ServerPronto.com that's been great. They
have among the best rates. But it's taken a while to get the IP
addresses I have cleared out of various spam lists.

Example (thankfully not listed on any lists)
  http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/ip4r.ch?ip=64.251.27.70

	Allan