[SAC] Re: Buildbot

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 08:08:12 EDT 2006

Hi Mateusz,

On 9/26/06, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz at loskot.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is my first writing on SAC list, so I'd like to say Hello!.
> My name is Mateusz Loskot, mloskot on the #osgeo channel and Wiki.
>
> Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > Mateusz and I would like to do some preliminary setup work on buildbot
> > tests (for FDO initially).  My plan is to do this on "xblade14-2
> > (198.202.74.219)".
>
> Today, I'd like to do some first steps with buildbot on the xblade.
> Obviously, I will need to install some software there.
>
> What is the procedure and policy regarding installing it?
> Should I contact the administrator?
> Or I can build & install it in OSGeo $HOME,
> for example under custom locations:
> $HOME/usr
> $HOME/usr/bin
> $HOME/usr/lib

On geodata.telascience.org I have installed a series of well
known software packages into /usr/local/, a list is here:

http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Geodata_processing_at_telascience.org#Installed_Software

I guess that $HOME should not be used since this is an
NFS home.

But I am not the admin there...

Please (someone) add the policy to our wiki page:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/SAC_Service_Status

thanks
Markus

--