[SAC] wiki.osgeo.org configuration and backup

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Thu Dec 13 08:49:59 EST 2007

Hi Frank,

On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 10:18:03AM -0500, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Did you end up writing up a wiki page description the configuration and
> management of wiki.osgeo.org?  If not, would you say that
> http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/103 is pretty much the definative
> documentation on the wiki?

"Since Wiki Migration is now complete, I've closed this ticket in favor
of #165 , specifically targeted towards LDAP integration."

  :-)

 -> http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/165

> Do we have any backup mechanism in place for the wiki?  To the best of
> my knowledge there is no routine backups for the osgeo2 server.

Oooops, I was under the impression that both PEER1 machines have a
regular (TSM) backup, therefore I didn't care/investigate.

To my understanding (from the talk on this list, I've never seen
someone exposing any details of the respective contract) doing backups
is part of the service agreement with PEER1 - is it not !? If this is
not the case for 'osgeo2', then we'd probably arrange something ....
We'd probably start with a regular database dump and a history thereof.

Cheerio,