[SAC] SSL and Drupal

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Wed Dec 19 17:39:33 EST 2007

All logins and edits are now using SSL by default and return to non-
SSL when not needed.

I installed the Drupal "secure pages" module, that allows us to set
what pages in Drupal should be set to use SSL.  It is nice and easy
to configure.  The only side effect was that I had to turn off the
login block on the front page of the site, and replace it with a link
to the secured login screen.  We could likely modify the block's code
but for now this was easiest.

Let me know if it causes any issues.  I've read that IE6 or other
browsers might complain when it sees you get redirected from https -
 >  http etc. but I haven't seen any issues like this personally.

Tyler