[SAC] Re: ! www.osgeo.org HTTP DOWN

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Thu Dec 20 03:48:58 EST 2007

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 20, 2007 at 03:13:25AM -0500, dmorissette at mail.dmsolutions.ca wrote:
> HTTP DOWN for www.osgeo.org at Thu Dec 20 03:13:25 EST 2007

The machine was close to its swap limit and in order to verify my
assumption, to see if it's really related, I've been stopping 'httpd'
at about 03:36 LT. Suddenly swap usage went down from approx 1.7 GByte
to 400 MByte and the machine went on behaving nicely.

I'd say the number of 'httpd' processes should get limited. 135
processes, each of them consuming 40 to 50 MByte, is simply too much
for a machine that is equipped with 2 GByte of RAM.

Cheerio,