[SAC] FW: [FOSS4G2007-Workshops] liveCD

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Feb 23 13:31:30 EST 2007

This is pretty cool...

http://livecd.ominiverdi.org/wiki/index.php/Desktop_2007.0

Can we look at mirroring it?

Jason

________________________________

From: Lorenzo Becchi
Subject: [FOSS4G2007-Workshops] liveCD

Thanks to the hard work Doktoreas (aka Luca Casagrande) did, we have now
  a stable version for 2007.0 and an ongoing version 2007.1 waiting or
QGIS 0.8.1 more some fixes.

We invite everybody to download and test.
We are renting a professional hosting to manage downloads.
Please use the torrent if you know how to:
http://www.movedigital.com/go/doktoreas/t50015/livecd-i686-desktop-2007.0.iso.torrent

otherwise here we have the direct link:
http://www.movedigital.com/go/doktoreas/50015/livecd-i686-desktop-2007.0.iso

CD login:
user:ominiverdi
pass:ominiverdi

"sudo su" should give admin privileges.

we've set up a wiki page as documentation support and bug tracking
(until something better would be available).
This is the page for Desktop 2007.0 :
http://livecd.ominiverdi.org/wiki/index.php/Desktop_2007.0

there's a FOSS4G page in the wiki to define a common liveCD as we
debated two Fridays ago.
http://livecd.ominiverdi.org/wiki/index.php/FOSS4G2007_LiveCd
if you add software to the list it will probably included in 2007.1

comments and contributions are always welcome

thanks
Lorenzo