[SAC] Subversion is 403 right now

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Sun Jan 21 15:43:20 EST 2007

I think that it should be re-enabled, at least long enough to switch the sites over to SSL.

However, I think a better solution would be to make svn.osgeo.org its own virtual server, rather than relying on an alias within www.osgeo.org.  This would have the desired results without requiring any client-side changes.

If we have multiple sites that answer for the content at www.osgeo.org, there's a strong possibility of being penalised by the search engines.  A large part of OSGeo's role is marketing, and search engine ranking is important.

Does SVN require an account on the server?  If so, isn't it more secure to require SSL?

Jason