[SAC] Subversion is 403 right now

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Jan 22 13:53:05 EST 2007

Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> Daniel Morissette wrote:
>> Allowing anonymous submission over the web these days inevitably leads
>> to spam... we've all seen wikis being spammed...
>
> Daniel is right.
> I've noticed spam comments on my personal Trac installation,
> also AFAIK Trac of QGIS project has experienced it too.
>
> May be for anonymous submission it's possible to use
> dummy user/password and explain the procedure on TracWiki.

Folks,

Yes, this would be fine. The point is (for now) we can't expect people to
first request Shawn, Howard or I to create them an LDAP userid manually before
they can even report a small issue they would like to see fixed.

Once it is easy for folks to signed up at www.osgeo.org as a new user and get
an unpriveledged LDAP account, we can use those for authentication and remove
the dummy account.

We really need the new member / new user creation capability!