[SAC] Virtual Hosts Policy

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Jan 22 17:05:49 EST 2007

Howard Butler wrote:
> Thoughts or comments?  Project based or service based (makes no
> difference to me, as long as we choose one)?  When we come to agreement
> on how to proceed, I'll write up a "policy doc" for the wiki that we can
> follow when adding new services/projects.

Howard,

I am in favor of your suggestion, and I think a virtual server "per service"
with subdirectories for each project addressed seems like it would be
easiest to maintain.

eg.

http://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/

I'm a bit leery about changing svn urls now that some usage has been
built around the http://svn.osgeo.org/svn/gdal even though it is redundant.

Note that we already have download.osgeo.org and buildbot.osgeo.org
at telascience in addition to svn.osgeo.org on the new machine.