[SAC] Re: Moving Wiki?

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Thu Mar 1 12:52:44 EST 2007

Tyler Mitchell wrote:
> Just wanted to ask if anyone thought about moving the wiki?  Currently
> it is generously hosted by a company in Germany.  For the most part it
> has running really really well, but certain administrative privileges
> and shell access are not possible for us.  Even posting a new logo took
> a long time because we couldn't do it ourselves.  The donors are
> generous but busy :)
>
> I think Arnulf was also suggesting we move, and it makes sense to me,
> but I don't know the ins/outs of doing so.  I just wanted to bring it up
> because it would be nice to get SSO for wiki as well as having it on a
> server OSGeo can more directly manage.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Tyler

Hi,
go for it, whenever there is a slot to do it. I did not push this to not put yet another task on SAC's list and as you said it is stable as it is.

Once there is a place where the Wikis could go there are several more waiting to be set up or migrated there. I suggested earlier that MapGuide get its own Wiki and the Mapbender Wiki could eventually move there and once we get OSGeo Deutsch formalized there is the FOSSGIS conference Wiki that wants an OSGeo home.

Best regards,
Arnulf.