[SAC] Moving Wiki?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Mar 1 11:12:42 EST 2007

Tyler Mitchell wrote:
> Just wanted to ask if anyone thought about moving the wiki?  Currently
> it is generously hosted by a company in Germany.  For the most part it
> has running really really well, but certain administrative privileges
> and shell access are not possible for us.  Even posting a new logo took
> a long time because we couldn't do it ourselves.  The donors are
> generous but busy :)
>
> I think Arnulf was also suggesting we move, and it makes sense to me,
> but I don't know the ins/outs of doing so.  I just wanted to bring it up
> because it would be nice to get SSO for wiki as well as having it on a
> server OSGeo can more directly manage.

Tyler,

I would like to see us eventually migrate this to a telascience server or
perhaps the peer1 server and to enable use of our central LDAP server per:

   http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/LDAP_Authentication

But I'm inclined to put this off for a few months till more pressing issues
are dealt with.  So far, the wiki has been our only long term stable piece
of infrastructure. :-)