[SAC] Subversion vhost migration underway

Howard Butler hobu at hobu.net
Fri Mar 2 23:20:57 EST 2007

Folks,

I have flipped the switch on the DNS, and the subversion virtual host
migration is underway.  The TTL was set to 6 hours a couple of days
ago (after being turned down to 1 day more than a week ago), so the
new DNS should propagate fairly quickly.  After some time for DNS to
propagate, we'll flip the switch back on for the repositories.

Note that it is expected that both http://svn.osgeo.org/gdal and
http://svn.osgeo.org/svn/gdal will continue to work as repository
URLs, but the shorter one is the preferred one.  At some indefinite
point in the future, we will quit answering to /svn/gdal.

After the repositories are back up, at your leisure you may do:

svn switch --relocate http://svn.osgeo.org/svn/gdal http://
svn.osgeo.org/gdal

and all should be well.

Howard