[SAC] root email

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Mar 21 12:19:30 EDT 2007

shawn barnes wrote:
> frank,
>
> No i haven't seen a web_svn_refresh cron run.
>
> On average i get 50 root emails a day. Mostly from cron.  Definitely
> archiving it would be good. we could create a mailing list for it and
> have all the email sent to the list.

Shawn,

I have created a ticket to address this action, and written:

I am somewhat dubious about the security of having root email being
distributed by a mailman list. I'm also not keen on being attached to this
firehose. What I would like to suggest to start is that we archive the root
email locally on the machine in a known location, and that some effort be made
to tune down the volume of email (by making cron scripts un-noisy for
instance) so Shawn isn't so overwhelmed.

   http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/84

Any comments welcome there.  I'll start work on archiving the email and
seeing if some "tuning down" can be done.