[SAC] #103: Move main OSGeo Wiki to OSGeo infrastructure

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Fri Nov 2 13:59:17 EDT 2007

On 1-Nov-07, at 4:41 PM, Martin Spott wrote:

>> I'm of the opinion that we should flush the existing wiki userids,
>> and
>> just get people to login with OSGeo userids, with a pointer to
>> where to
>> get one.  I just hate to think of all those extra userids getting
>> dumped
>> into LDAP.
>
> I agree, but I suspect we won't get a clean migration without dealing
> with this topic. In fact the Wiki contains a huge edit history and
> every edit is related to a unique user name. I would _not_ like to
> break these relations. We should at least merge and adapt those Wiki
> users which show up in the edit history.

If we can filter out users that have since been blocked, and perhaps
have only contributed a certain number (e.g. only 1) of edits - it
will help ensure we don't give spammers an osgeo id.

In my opinion, we still need an email confirmation process for
generating osgeo user ids.  Does anyone know if this has been
addressed yet?

Tyler