[SAC] Mailman spam filtering?

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 15:10:44 EST 2007

On my system (the one where the GRASS Wiki is still running) I am using
120sec of greylisting which is much less than the default. Certainly I cannot
know how much good mails I miss but I never got a complaint (a couple of
different personal email addresses a known to reach me). Certainly
there is no perfect system to combat spam.

Markus

On Nov 16, 2007 8:40 PM, Jason Birch <Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca> wrote:

> I've seen variable results with greylisting.  It works fairly well, but
> I've also seen a few cases of legitimate users with badly behaving MTAs
> that never get their messages through.  If we're willing to accept those
> edge cases, then it's a great first-pass filter for spam.
>
> Jason

Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://www.osgeo.org/
http://www.grassbook.org/