[SAC] Infrastructure for GEOS

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 18:28:29 EDT 2007

Following on from the "Supporting new projects" thread, I'm interested
to know how SAC feel about providing infrastructure to new projects.

Do we have resources to set up and then maintain svn, mailing lists, etc
for all projects wanting to join OSGeo Labs?

If not, what is the criteria we use to say one project is given
resources and another is not?

Howard Butler wrote:
> All,
>
> I would like to formally motion to have OSGeo host GEOS' project
> infrastructure.  Because GEOS is not currently in incubation, the
> process that we defined for projects like MOSS4G was to motion to SAC
> asking for it, and then have SAC raise the issue with the board and
> have the board approve it.  I volunteer to do the Trac/SVN migration,
> but GEOS would also like to migrate its mailing list (already mailman,
> IIRC), so we'd need someone to step forward to bootstrap that.
>
> /me starts with a +1.  If there are no objections, I will notify the
> board and wait to hear back from them before moving.
>
> Howard

Cameron Shorter
Systems Architect, http://lisasoft.com.au
Tel: +61 (0)2 8570 5050