[SAC] Infrastructure for GEOS

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Sun Oct 7 17:07:10 EDT 2007

I've been feeling curmudgeonly recently...

I would prefer to see this the other way around.  That is, that a person on the SAC and actively contributing can have a voice in choosing to support these projects, not that a project can get hosting by volunteering to help.  I'd like to see evidence of commitment to the infrastructure first.  Otherwise, we risk killing off our existing volunteers with extra workload from projects that have promised help but not delivered.

Jason

________________________________

From: Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo)
Subject: Re: [SAC] Infrastructure for GEOS

On 5-Oct-07, at 4:10 PM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Howard and I are willing to step forward to do stuff for GEOS because
> we have a particular interest in the project.  But we aren't
> necessarily
> willing to do so for many other projects.

It sure helps that you and Howard are on the systems committee.
Perhaps if a project is interested in hosting support from OSGeo,
someone from that project could also volunteer to help with other
systems committee tasks.  That is, if there are tasks SAC thinks it
can delegate to new helpers.

It might be a good way to enlist some new volunteers.

Tyler