[SAC] PEER1 and Telascience server roles

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Tue Oct 16 12:17:44 EDT 2007

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 08:15:56AM -0700, Jason Birch wrote:

> If the second machine is not used for production services, I think that
> we should consider decommissioning it after our current (two year?)
> commitment.
>
> I am not entirely convinced that the wiki falls under this category,
> but...

I understand that Tyler considers the Wiki to be one of the relevant
'tools' for advertizing and promoting OSGeo, so I conclude that it
deserves to run on a highly reliable platform.

I also understand that nobody will object this conclusion - the
current discussion is just about: Are we going to move the Wiki to
'osgeo2' _right_now_ (TM) or later in a second step ?
Finally the essence of this question is: Are we going to waste the work
that John already put in setting up a MediaWiki instance on the blade ?

In order to figure if we can risk wasting John's effort we simply have
to determine if there's a sufficiently recent setup of MySQL, Apache
and mod_php on 'osgeo2'. If this is the case, then putting a MediaWiki
onto that machine is not a big deal.

Cheerio,