[SAC] Download maintainers group

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Sun Oct 21 14:15:29 EDT 2007

Hi,

I think it would be reasonable to create dedicated group of users who
have access to maintain /osgeo/download content. Currently, it's a bit
messed and some project members who want to maintain their downloads
have to use sudo or ask someone who can do it or fix
permissions for them. So, IMO it's reasonable to set things in order here.

My suggestion is to create a group and assign one person from each OSGeo
project to this group. Then /osgeo/download should be owned by root and
 writable by the 'download' group. Read-only others.

Does it make sense?

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot