[SAC] Download maintainers group

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Oct 22 10:12:07 EDT 2007

Mateusz Loskot wrote:

> I think it would be reasonable to create dedicated group of users who
> have access to maintain /osgeo/download content. Currently, it's a bit
> messed and some project members who want to maintain their downloads
> have to use sudo or ask someone who can do it or fix
> permissions for them. So, IMO it's reasonable to set things in order here.
>
> My suggestion is to create a group and assign one person from each OSGeo
> project to this group. Then /osgeo/download should be owned by root and
>  writable by the 'download' group. Read-only others.

Sounds like a good idea to me. Perhaps we could leave the flexibility of
having more than one person per project in the downloads group (to act
as backup if the main person is not available), but we should definitely
not open that up to too many people either.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/