[SAC] [OSGeo] #296: create OSGeo repository for .deb's for LiveDVD & documentation

Roald de Wit roald.dewit at lisasoft.com
Sun Oct 5 02:01:40 EDT 2008

Hi Tim and SAC,

Please excuse me for interrupting here. IMO there is a very good
platform already available for creating and maintaining .deb's:
Launchpad.net [1]. Many people use it for their 'personal' packaging [2]
too.
It offers a full issue tracking, collaborating and package building and
hosting environment. One of the main advantages is that you can pretty
much just upload your source package and the .deb files will be built
and hosted automatically for the platforms you specify. People will only
need to add 1 apt line to their sources.lst.

I think Launchpad would be perfect for the purpose described below.

Regards, Roald

[1] https://launchpad.net/+tour/index
[2] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+ppas/