[SAC] 2009 Budget / A New Server?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Oct 9 13:26:44 EDT 2008

Ari Jolma wrote:
> Frank Warmerdam kirjoitti:
>> I would note that given sufficient manpower, we can migrate some of
>> the buildbot slaves to xblade11-2 (buildtest.osgeo.org).  However, we
>> seem to have a limited number of people with the expertise and time to
>> do this migration.  I think this would help alot.
>
> I could do that. I don't have the expertise yet, but I'd like to do it
> and I believe I can do it.
>
> I believe also that I don't have an account on the machines.

Ari,

Ah cool - I read the reply from Mateusz out of order.

 From my perspective it would be great if the two of you could cooperate
on this a bit so there are more people who understand how the buildbot
instances work.  November would be soon enough.  You and Mateusz could
start with the two gdal slaves currently running on the 14-2 blade.

I'd also like some review of what would happen if the buildbot master
died suddenly.  That is, are things being backed up in any fashion?
How long would it take to reconstitute the services?