[SAC] 2009 Budget / A New Server?

Mateusz Łoskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Oct 9 13:33:14 EDT 2008

Frank Warmerdam pisze:
> Ari Jolma wrote:
>> Frank Warmerdam kirjoitti:
>>> I would note that given sufficient manpower, we can migrate some of
>>> the buildbot slaves to xblade11-2 (buildtest.osgeo.org).  However, we
>>> seem to have a limited number of people with the expertise and time to
>>> do this migration.  I think this would help alot.
>>
>> I could do that. I don't have the expertise yet, but I'd like to do it
>> and I believe I can do it.
>>
>> I believe also that I don't have an account on the machines.
>
> Ari,
>
> Ah cool - I read the reply from Mateusz out of order.
>
>  From my perspective it would be great if the two of you could cooperate
> on this a bit so there are more people who understand how the buildbot
> instances work.  November would be soon enough.  You and Mateusz could
> start with the two gdal slaves currently running on the 14-2 blade.

Frank,

Works for me too.

> I'd also like some review of what would happen if the buildbot master
> died suddenly.  That is, are things being backed up in any fashion?
> How long would it take to reconstitute the services?

I do backups of config files of all BB instances we have
and all executable scripts we use to maintain BB (start, stop, clean
logs). I put all backups and important stuff under /osgeo/buildbot/admin

Generally, the procedure is:

1. Install Buildbot engine
2. Unpack backup package with config stuff
3. Tweak if needed (some paths and parameters etc.)
4. Run