[SAC] xblade14-2: Service Temporarily Unavailable (Apache) - gdal, grass, qgis, rso, mapbuilder

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Sep 15 17:08:03 EDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 10:36 PM, Jason Birch <Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca> wrote:
> It's not really the page's fault,

Our web page(s) used to work for years...

> your network stack is configured contrary to the recommendations of RFC2068 section 8.1.4,
> or there is a proxy between you and the osgeo server with more than one user connected to the same site:

I am directly connected via 20MBit/s (ok, maybe 15Mbit/s effectively) ADSL.
I observe that the server got significant slower recently, I used to reach
almost local network saturation while I get a fraction of this these days.

> Clients that use persistent connections SHOULD limit the number of
>   simultaneous connections that they maintain to a given server. A
>   single-user client SHOULD maintain AT MOST 2 connections with any
>   server or proxy. A proxy SHOULD use up to 2*N connections to another
>   server or proxy, where N is the number of simultaneously active
>   users.
>
> Perhaps 3 connections is a bit low for a general purpose website though.
> Is it possible to configure the grass site differently than the downloads?

This would be great. Bandwidth is there AFAIK.

thanks,
Markus