[SAC] Trac Spam - ugg

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Dec 2 15:22:51 EST 2009

Folks,

Paul observed the following trac spam on the Postgis Trac:

http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/UsersWikiMain?action=diff&version=48
http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/UsersWikiMain?action=diff&version=46

Paul has cleaned it up, and I have changed the password of the ayanasmith
and richardhaguisan LDAP accounts.  I encourage others to be vigilent for
Trac spam, and if this gets more serious we may need to consider additional
steps.

If anyone would like to they could try and track down the offenders IPs
to block them.  I imagine they created the accounts manually since our
interface is non-standard.

PS. I have a phone call in to cheappoolproducts.com on their 1800 number.
If nothing else, we can all get in the habit of phoning them, chatting
up their staff at great length and not buying anything.