[SAC] We are one (with the LDAP)

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Fri Mar 27 17:53:55 EDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 04:24:21PM -0500, Howard Butler wrote:

> Thanks to hard work by Martin, and some fat-fingered operations by
> myself, upload.osgeo.org and download.osgeo.org now use OSGeo's LDAP to
> do their authentication business.

....  in the meantime I've also synced the configuration to the .215
and .216 machines.

> We still need to work out a script to shell-enable regular OSGeo LDAP
> users similar to ldap_create_user.py, but the list of users that we did
> have at the telascience LDAP has been migrated over.

I might take care for creating a little job that allows to shell-enable
an _individual_ user ....  but for the sake of consistency I propose to
add the required attributes right on user creation on
'ldap_create_user.py'.

> Please let us know if you're having any trouble.  I will try to update
> our documentation on how to enable a blade to use this later today or
> tomorrow.

Cheers,