[SAC] Motion: Provide SVN and Trac services to the UbuntuGIS project

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu May 21 18:10:56 EDT 2009

> It was seldom appropriate for use in Debian at the point I
> released a GDAL release (since I was not a savvy Debian
> person) and when the DebianGIS folks fixed things up it was
> not all that convenient for them to get the changes back into
> GDAL upstream.

Were they involved in the project (did they have commit rights to your repository) or were they relying on the project to take their changes and re-integrate them?

> I would note that OSGeo4W is relatively fine grained packaging
> - not a monolithic installer.

My understanding was that OSGeo4W was basically a replacement for "apt" but OSGeo-specific and on a Windows platform.  Isn't the intention that someone download OSGeo4W (which then allows them to choose which features they wish to install)?

Jason