[SAC] errors with Trac

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Oct 1 12:16:52 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 12:00:22PM -0400, Paul Spencer wrote:
> Frank,
>
> the symptoms are a bit more serious than 10-15 minutes, I think we could
> work with that.  We either cannot log in at all (have to click the login
> link multiple times to get it to actually acknowledge our login status)
> or when we are logged in, we get randomly logged out while doing stuff
> like filing new tickets or updating existing ones, losing our comments in
> the process (this is the really annoying part).
>
> Chris,
>
> it is possible it is unique to our network connection here at the office
> but
>
>  * it happens for shawn barnes, who works from home in Toronto
>  * it does not happen on our own trac system which is hosted on an
> amazon cloud server
>  * it does not seem to be happening on openlayers trac although I didn't
> test this extensively

Okay, those are all useful pieces of information. I still don't really
know what to do to debug. I've looked at logs, and see nothing out of
the ordinary there. I'll gladly work with anyone else who wants to try
to figure out what's going on, but I really just don't know what to say
at this point.

-- Chris

> As I mentioned before, I observed that the session-based trac_auth
> cookie is somehow deleted in my browser when the problem happens.
>
> Cheers
>
> Paul
>
> On 2009-10-01, at 11:38 AM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>
>> Mike Adair wrote:
>>> I'm still seeing this error and it makes it really difficult to get
>>> work done. It happens for me with the MetaCRS, Fusion, and SAC Trac
>>> systems, i.e. any of the OSGeo Trac systems.  Isn't anyone else
>>> affected by this?  Anyone have any ideas?
>>
>> Mike,
>>
>> I have always had a few problems with OSGeo Trac's when working from
>> home
>> which I have attributed to my peculiar ISP caching.  In particular if I
>> am
>> logged in, it seems I am auto-logged out after 10-15 minutes and I
>> need to
>> re-login to do stuff.  Also, often after an edit or adding an item to a
>> ticket
>> I have to logout and login to force it to be refreshed properly.
>> These
>> problems don't occur when I'm travelling and haven't gotten any worse
>> lately.
>>
>> Is this the sort of thing you are seeing?
>>
>> It does make it a bother, but I do use OSGeo Trac's day-in and day-out
>> despite it.  I am doubtful it has anything to do with how things are
>> setup
>> at OSGeo.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> --