[SAC] errors with Trac

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Oct 1 17:33:10 EDT 2009

We replaced our router with a fancy new dual-wan VPN router and it was
configured to load balance outgoing traffic between a DSL and a cable
connection (each having a different external IP address, one static
and one dynamic).  I thought this happened some time before we started
experiencing this problem and had forgotten about it.

The solution appears to be to direct all outgoing traffic to the osgeo
servers trac, www and svn to use only one of the connections.  It is
still unclear what is different between OSGeo's setup and the setup on openlayers.org
  and our own trac/svn but I suspect that somehow the authentication
is being done with some affinity to the user's IP address, which in
our case was changing essentially randomly between subsequent
requests.  I have not confirmed this.

I guess one question that could be asked is if any configuration
change related to authentication happened recently that would be
related to linking IP address with authenticated sessions.

Cheers

Paul